Updated Corcoran Crossbody Bag pattern, now accompanied by a sew-along video series!
ABOUT THE CORCORAN:
Styled after a messenger bag, the Corcoran Crossbody is as versatile as it is functional. Its features include:
- Zipper pocket built into the flap
- Two exterior slip pockets
- Zippered main compartment
- Lining pen pocket, slip pocket, and optional zipper pocket
- Adjustable crossbody strap
DIMENSIONS: 10″ H x 8″ W x 2″ D
One thing I love about bag making is that there are always new skills to learn! I first released the Corcoran Crossbody Bag sewing pattern in 2016. This new version of the pattern incorporates the tips and techniques I’ve learned since.
I’ve completely rewritten the instructions and used an updated page layout. All steps include new photos. I gave all of the pattern pieces a makeover as well.
Just as with the original version, a team of testers thoroughly assessed the pattern update. With their edits, suggestions, and clarifications, I am honored to present the best rendering of this pattern to the bag making community.
While the size, shape, and overall concept remains the same, the changes to the Corcoran Crossbody Bag include:
- Zipper tabs added to the flap zipper pocket, allowing for topstitching.
- The zipper in the flap pocket is now concealed between the pocket layers.
- The flap is now built into the back panel rather than connecting to the top of the bag.
- A magnetic snap secures the exterior back slip pocket
- The exterior slip pockets now match
- The adjustable crossbody strap is now ¾” wide and built into the gusset rather than sewn to the top of the bag.
- An optional zipper pocket is included in the Lining with instructions for turning the bag through it.
The Corcoran Crossbody Bag sewing pattern is available for purchase on my website HERE.
LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION?
You’ll find loads of ideas to spark your imagination in the Lookbook! Check out this gallery of my testers’ gorgeous bag creations found HERE.
My new tutorial videos guide you through every step of making this bag. To follow along as you sew, visit my YouTube channel HERE.
Whether you showcase a unique print on the flap or use solids for a minimalist feel, your creativity will find expression. What’s YOUR vision for this bag design?