Findlay Phone Wallet – with video tutorial
ABOUT THE FINDLAY PHONE WALLET:
- This is a beginner-friendly, speedy, scrap-buster!
- The Findlay Phone Wallet features three card slots and a slip pocket ideal for a phone and cash securely snapped beneath a flap
- Instructions are included for both Heavy-Duty Snaps and Magnetic Snaps
- A main zipper pouch compartment keeps essentials handy
- The strap makes this phone wallet a stand-alone wristlet or accessory to keep in a larger bag
- Minimal supplies are required
- This is a quick sew for gifts or craft fairs
DIMENSIONS: 5″ Height x 8” Width
YOUTUBE SEW ALONG TUTORIALS: https://www.youtube.com/c/HolditRightTherePatterns
LOOKBOOK: Click HERE for inspiration from testers’ beautiful Findlay Phone Wallets
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Detailed, step-by-step instructions are accompanied by photos and illustrations, as well as sew along tutorial videos. Printable pattern templates are included for both fabric and interfacing pieces. Additionally, dimensions are provided for square and rectangle pieces in order to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat. I include printable labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 18 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome.
- Fabric I: This is the main, exterior fabric
1/4 yard or 1 Fat Quarter quilt weight cotton, canvas, or linen
- Fabric II: This is the lining fabric
1/4 yard or 1 Fat Quarter quilt weight cotton
- Fabric III: This is the flap and strap fabric
1/4 yard or 1 Fat Quarter quilt weight cotton, canvas, linen, or home dec fabric
- 1 yard of 20” Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF 101, or similar)
- 3 1/2” X 6 1/2” piece of Medium Stabilizer for the Flap (Decovil Light, or similar)
- 2” x 2” piece of Ultra Firm Stabilizer for the Snaps (70F Pellon Peltex or similar)
- OPTIONAL 4 1/2” x 8” piece of fusible Fleece for Panel Back Exterior (Pellon 987F, or similar). This option adds extra cushioning to back of the pouch compartment.
- 2 Magnetic Snaps or Heavy-Duty Snaps + Tools
- 1 (9” or longer) #3 zipper
- 1 (1/2”) D-Ring
- 1 (1/2”) Swivel Hook
- 1 Double-Capped Metal Rivet + Tools
- Fabric Marking Pen
- Liquid Fabric Sealant (such as Dritz Fray Check)
Join the Hold it Right There bag-making community! Ask questions, offer suggestions, share your beautiful makes, and cheer each other on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolditRightTherePatternGroup/
Barring mass production and/or manufacturing, you may sell the finished wallets you create from my pattern. Distribution or replication of pattern and/or instructions is expressly prohibited.
Due to the digital nature of this product, I cannot make refunds or accept returns.
If at any time, you have questions while making the bag, please contact me, and I will gladly be of assistance.
© Hold it Right There All Rights Reserved
16 reviews for Findlay Phone Wallet – with video tutorial
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
divinedesignbows (Verified Buyer) –
As soon as I saw the tester photos I knew I had to have this pattern. It is extremely easy to follow the instructions. Anything that may be confusing/hard to picture is explained extremely well in the video instructions that are included.
Helen E. (Verified Buyer) –
Extremely well written instructions.
Debbie (Verified Buyer) –
Quick construction with great instructions.
Danielle B. (Verified Buyer) –
Great pattern! I made six pouches as gifts for my friends. The pattern is exceptionally well written and clear to follow. I was very pleased with how the pouches turned out. I added a fabric zipper tab, but otherwise followed the instructions.
Laurene St Amand (Verified Buyer) –
I haven’t sewn this yet but have gone over the instructions. Very clearly written, easy to understand and the video is a great. I can’t wait to start sewing.
Lesley (Verified Buyer) –
Brilliant pattern. Well written and I love the end product.
Lorraine D. (Verified Buyer) –
Sally (Verified Buyer) –
Kim Smith (Verified Buyer) –
Anonymous (Verified Buyer) –
C Michelle (Verified Buyer) –
Brenda Laverdiere (Verified Buyer) –
Angela (Verified Buyer) –
This is a great, well-written and easy to follow pattern! I’m a visual learner and very much appreciated the videos that accompany it.
Gail (Verified Buyer) –
Awesome pattern with great instructions. Used the video as well.
Julie B. (Verified Buyer) –
It is the perfect little bag
Lynn H. (Verified Buyer) –