ABOUT THE MARKET DISTRICT TOTE:
A highly versatile bag, the Market District Tote features interesting curved contrasts on the main exterior panel. A durable base makes this bag ideal for carrying groceries, library books, beach towels, and much more. Inside is an adjustable Thermos/Water Bottle keeper with Velcro closure, with two sizes to choose from. A super easy-to-sew zippered pocket keeps your coins, coupons, and sundries secure and accessible. Instructions are included for an optional top zipper closure. Straps can be made from fabric and installed into the curved accents, or purchased vinyl/leather straps may be added with rivets for completely different look. Instructions are included for both strap options.
5 1/2″ depth
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Photos and illustrations accompany 11 pages of detailed, tutorial-style instructions. Patterns are included for both fabric and interfacing pieces. Additionally, dimensions are provided for square and rectangle pieces in order to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat. I include fabric and interfacing pattern layouts, and labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 15 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome.
Allow more fabric if fussy cutting or matching prints, plaids, and stripes.
- Fabric I : 1 yard 44” cotton or canvas (Exterior Front and Back, Thermos Keeper, Pocket Band, Strap Contrast, Optional Zipper Casings, Optional Zipper Tab)
- Fabric II : 1/2 yard 44” cotton or canvas (Exterior Base, Accents, Strap Contrast)
- Fabric III : 5/8 yard 44” cotton (Lining)
- Fabric IV : 2/3 yard 44” cotton (Pocket)
Preference and availability varies widely. Select yours for the structure you want with your chosen textiles. For a more structured bag, substitute Foam Interfacing for Fleece
- 3 ¼ yards 20” wide Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF 101)
- ¼ yard 20” wide Ultra Firm Stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 70)
- 1 yard 45” wide Fusible Fleece (Pellon 987F)
- 1 (9” or longer) zipper
- 12 rivets + tools for installation
- 3” length of Velcro® Hook and Loop Fastener
- Washable Fabric Marker
- Double-Sided Fabric Tape
- Walking Foot attachment (recommended)
For Optional Top Zipper:
- 1 (16” or longer) zipper
- 1 file folder or cardstock (15” x 2”)
For Optional Purchased Straps
- Purchased vinyl/leather Straps
- Fabric Glue
Barring mass production and/or manufacturing, you may sell the finished bags you create from my pattern. Please note the pattern is designed by Hold it Right There in the item description. The Market District Shopping Tote pattern and instructions may only be purchased from me. Distribution or replication of pattern and/or instructions is expressly prohibited.
Due to the digital nature of this product, I cannot make refunds or accept returns.
If at any time, you have questions while making the bag, please contact me, and I will gladly be of assistance.
Join the Hold it Right There bag-making community! Ask questions, offer suggestions, share your beautiful makes, and cheer each other on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolditRightTherePatternGroup/
© Hold it Right There All Rights Reserved