Bella Luna – Hobo bag with built in Wallet
ABOUT THE BELLA LUNA:
A very large, curved, structured shoulder bag with a built-in wallet, the Bella Luna features a roomy interior with pockets inside and out. Open the front flap to an accordion pocket with compartments for cash, credit cards, coins, and pens. The main bag closes with a zipper. Two outside slip pockets and a zipper pocket keep your phone and essentials in easy reach. Inside is a second zippered pocket and slip pocket.
This pattern is for experienced bag makers looking for a very organized bag with many pockets and details. While it is not complicated, creating the Bella Luna requires a good amount of time in order to sew the many compartments. Though it cannot be sewn quickly, the end results are very rewarding.
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Photos and illustrations accompany detailed, tutorial-style instructions. Patterns are included for both fabric and interfacing pieces. A cutting chart is provided with details on fabrics and interfacing. I include fabric and interfacing pattern layouts, and labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 12 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome.
16 ½” Width
3 ½” Depth
- Fabric I Primary Exterior: (Exterior Slip Pockets, Wallet Pocket, Exterior Gusset, Strap)
1 1/6 yards 44” quilt weight cotton or home dec fabric
- Fabric II Contrast: (Exterior Accents Front and Back, Flap, Flush Zipper Pockets)
1 7/8 yards 44” quilt weight cotton
- Fabric III Wallet Accent: (Wallet Slip Pocket, Pen Pockets, and other Wallet Pocket details)
¾ yard 44” quilt weight cotton
- Fabric IV Lining: (Lining Panels, Lining Gusset)
5/6 yard 44” quilt weight cotton
- 4 1/4 yards 20” height Medium-Firm Non-Woven Interfacing (Pellon 808)
- 1/3 yards 45” height Fusible Fleece (Pellon 987F)
- 1 1/3 yard 20” height Medium Weight Fusible Woven interfacing (Pellon SF 101)
- 2/3 yard 20” height Fusible Foam Interfacing (Pellon FF7812 Flex Foam)
- 2 (7”) zippers
- 1 (11”) zipper
- 1 (18”) zipper
- Twist Lock hardware
- 2 (1 ½”) Rings
- 1 Magnetic Snap
- 12 Rivets and tools for installation
- 4 Purse Feet
- Washable Fabric Marker
- Double Sided Fabric Tape (optional)
- Dritz Fray Check, or other liquid fabric sealant (optional)
- Walking Foot attachment (recommended)
Barring mass production and/or manufacturing, you may sell the finished bags you create from my pattern. Please note the bag pattern is designed by Hold it Right There in the item description. The Bella Luna pattern and instructions may only be purchased from me. Distribution or replication of pattern and/or instructions is expressly prohibited.
Due to the digital nature of this product, I cannot make refunds or accept returns.
If at any time, you have questions while making the bag, please contact me, and I will gladly be of assistance.
Join the Hold it Right There bag-making community! Ask questions, offer suggestions, share your beautiful makes, and cheer each other on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolditRightTherePatternGroup/
© Hold it Right There All Rights Reserved
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.