Meridian Sling Bag – with video tutorial & SVG files
ABOUT THE MERIDIAN SLING:
- Spacious and versatile hands-free bag to wear across your back or chest
- Roomy interior main compartment for everyday gear or travel
- Lining Slip Pocket organizes smaller items
- Card Slots keep favorite cards in easy reach
- Curved front exterior zipper pocket is ideal for your phone
- The back exterior zipper pocket secures your wallet, passport, and other important belongings
- The adjustable crossbody strap created from webbing includes detailed instructions for stitching a functional and decorative “X” square
- SVG files included for use with cutting machines
- Sew Along tutorial videos walk through every step of the instructions
- This is an intermediate-level pattern. Some experience with zippers and bag making is helpful.
DIMENSIONS: 11″ height x 9″ width x 3″ depth
YOUTUBE SEW ALONG TUTORIALS: https://www.youtube.com/c/HolditRightTherePatterns
LOOKBOOK: Click HERE for inspiration from testers’ beautiful Meridian Sling Bags
SVG FILES: To unzip the SVG files included with your purchase for use with cutting machines, please watch the excellent tutorial by mgrahamsews HERE.
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Detailed, step-by-step instructions are accompanied by photos and illustrations, as well as sew along tutorial videos. SVG files are included for use with a cutting machine. Printable pattern templates are provided for all fabric and interfacing pieces. The cutting chart makes a handy project checklist, designating the fabrics, interfacing, and stabilizer for each pattern piece. I include printable labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 20 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome.
- Fabric I: Fabric I: 1/2 yard canvas or quilting cotton (This is the main, exterior fabric)
- Fabric II: 1 yard quilting cotton or waterproof canvas (WPC) (This is the lining fabric)
- Fabric III: 1/4 yard waxed canvas, cork, leather, or vinyl (This is exterior bottom and lower gusset)
*Omit interfacing if using waterproof canvas (WPC), waxed canvas, cork, vinyl, or leather.
- 1 1/2yard of 20” Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF 101, or similar)
- 5 1/2” X 5” piece of Medium Stabilizer for the Flap (Decovil Light, or similar)
- 7” x 1 1/2” piece of Ultra Firm Stabilizer for the Snaps and Bag Base (70F Pellon Peltex or similar)
- 54” x 1 1/2” Webbing
- 2 1/2 yards Double Fold 1/2” Bias Tape
- 1 (1”) D-Ring
- 1 (1 1/2”) Swivel Hook
- 1 (1 1/2”) Slide
- 2 (9”) #3 – #5 zippers
- 1 (18”) #4.5 – #5 zipper with double pulls
- Fabric Glue (such as Fabri-Tac)
- Fabric Sealant (such as Dritz Fray Check)
- Double-sided Tape
- Fabric Marking Pen
- Stiletto Tool (optional)
- 2 Double-Capped rivets (optional)
Join the Hold it Right There bag-making community! Ask questions, offer suggestions, share your beautiful makes, and cheer each other on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolditRightTherePatternGroup/
Barring mass production and/or manufacturing, you may sell the finished wallets you create from my pattern. Distribution or replication of pattern and/or instructions is expressly prohibited.
Due to the digital nature of this product, I cannot make refunds or accept returns.
If at any time, you have questions while making the bag, please contact me, and I will gladly be of assistance.
© Hold it Right There All Rights Reserved
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.