Zuma Sling Bag – with video tutorial & SVG files
ABOUT THE ZUMA SLING:
- Spacious and versatile hands-free bag to wear across your back or chest
- Gender-neutral rectangular design allows for a wide variety of styles
- Roomy interior main compartment for everyday gear or travel
- Accordion wings allow you to see deep inside your bag without its contents spilling out
- Large multifunction Lining Slip Pocket holds tablet, gadgets, book, and more
- Lining Zipper Pocket organizes smaller items
- Curved vertical front exterior zipper pocket is ideal for your phone
- The adjustable crossbody strap created from webbing includes detailed instructions for stitching a functional and decorative “X” square
- SVG files included for use with cutting machines
- Sew Along tutorial videos walk through every step of the instructions
- This is an intermediate-level pattern. Some experience with zippers and bag making is helpful.
DIMENSIONS: 11 1/2″ height x 8″ width x 3″ depth
YOUTUBE SEW ALONG TUTORIALS: https://www.youtube.com/c/HolditRightTherePatterns
LOOKBOOK: Click HERE for inspiration from testers’ gorgeous Zuma Sling Bags
SVG FILES: To unzip the SVG files included with your purchase for use with cutting machines, please watch the excellent tutorial by mgrahamsews HERE.
ABOUT THE PATTERN:
Detailed, step-by-step instructions are accompanied by photos and illustrations, as well as sew along tutorial videos. SVG files are included for use with a cutting machine. Printable pattern templates are provided for all fabric and interfacing pieces. The cutting chart makes a handy project checklist, designating the fabrics, interfacing, and stabilizer for each pattern piece. I include printable labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 15 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome.
- Fabric I: Fabric I: 1 1/8 yard canvas or quilting cotton (This is the main, exterior fabric)
- Fabric II: 1 1/3 yard quilting cotton or waterproof canvas (WPC) (This is the lining fabric)
INTERFACING: *Omit interfacing if using waterproof canvas (WPC), waxed canvas, cork, vinyl, or leather.
- 3 yards of 20” Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF 101, or similar)
- 7” x 7” piece of Ultra Firm Stabilizer for the Strap Tab and Bag Base (70F Pellon Peltex or similar)
- 1/2 yard of EITHER low loft Fusible Fleece (Pellon 987F, or similar) OR Fusible Foam (Pellon FF78F1 Flex Foam or similar)
- 2 (1”) D-Rings
- 1 (1 1/2”) Swivel Hook
- 1 (1 1/2”) Slide
- 2 (11”) #5 zippers
- 1 (26”) #5 zipper with double pulls
- 54” x 1 1/2” Webbing
- 2 1/2 yards Double Fold 1/2” Bias Tape
- Fabric Glue (such as Fabri-Tac)
- Fabric Sealant (such as Dritz Fray Check)
- Double-sided Tape
- Fabric Marking Pen
- Stiletto Tool
- 2 Double-Capped rivets (optional)
Join the Hold it Right There bag-making community! Ask questions, offer suggestions, share your beautiful makes, and cheer each other on! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolditRightTherePatternGroup/
Barring mass production and/or manufacturing, you may sell the finished Zuma Slings you create from my pattern. Distribution or replication of pattern and/or instructions is expressly prohibited.
Due to the digital nature of this product, I cannot make refunds or accept returns.
If at any time, you have questions while making the bag, please contact me, and I will gladly be of assistance.
© Hold it Right There All Rights Reserved
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.